Selling or purchasing real estate is a big deal. Whether it is your primary residence, rental property, or a business venture, you want to go into the deal with your eyes wide open. But those wide eyes might not catch everything that is going on under the surface. Whether you are the buyer or the seller, getting a professional pest inspection will help you identify any issues (and get them fixed) before a tiny pest becomes a big problem.
While you are worrying about appraisals, loans, interest rates, offers, and counter offers, Cascade will conduct a thorough inspection of your property so you aren’t caught off guard by termites, bugs, or rodents before closing.
We partner with Real Estate agents to avoid any ‘surprises’ during a real estate transaction. So, let Cascade Pest Control take one worry off your plate with their Pest Control for Real Estate Transactions service.
Why get a Pest Inspection on your home?
Sometimes buyers or lenders will require or request them as part of the process of due diligence before purchasing property. A pest inspection is separate from a home inspection (that is generally done after a home is under contract but before it closes).
While a home inspection might bundle a pest inspection in addition to their process, it is still a separate endeavor. And it requires a separate set of skills to know what they are looking for. You don’t want the home inspection to come back with red flags about infestations, which could delay closing.
Buyers might ask for the inspection to cover all their bases. Or the seller might choose to just get an inspection done before listing the property. Then they can get any fixes out of the way before it creates a bigger headache (and include the inspection results as a selling point at showings).
What are they looking for during a pest inspection?
So, what will a technician look for during a pest inspection?
- Termites or wood destroying insects (carpenter ants): This is probably the biggest threat that shows up during real estate transactions. In fact, many mortgage lenders in susceptible areas will require proof of a “wood destroying organisms” inspection. Technicians will look for mud tubes, piles of wings, damaged/soft wood, darkening or blistering wood or paint on wood, and moisture prone areas.
- Rodent damage: Another problematic pest is rats or mice. An inspection will take note of evidence of droppings, damage to attics/insulation/crawl spaces, gnawing on wires or cables, and common nesting sites.
- Wasp nests (common to the Seattle region): An inspector will make a visual inspection of the exterior of the home for active nests, access points, and common nesting sites.
- Other pest infestations (especially those common to the Pacific Northwest area): Cockroaches, bedbugs, ants, spiders and more can all leave evidence that a pest control specialist will identify.
Why the local Real Estate industry trusts Cascade Pest Control
Being a locally owned business since 1979, Cascade has had the privilege to serve many of the real estate agents’ pest control needs within the Seattle Puget Sound region of Washington state.
Here’s why we’ve become a trusted partner for reputable, reliable, and safe pest / rodent control:
- Award-winning environmentally sensitive pest control – Cascade has been on the cutting edge of creating and using treatment and service that is sensitive to our natural environment and safe for pets and people.
- Experienced & well-connected – Cascade has spent decades working with real estate professions, home inspectors, selling agents, buyers, sellers, and property managers.
- Reliable – Cascade provides complete inspections, treatments, and paperwork so closings can happen in a timely manner.
- Industry Experts – With years of expertise in the pests and rodents common to the greater Seattle area, Cascade can be trusted. You can expect professionalism, discretion, and clear communication from our team.
- Family-owned & local – Our local business is family-owned and ready to serve the counties of King, Pierce, Snohomish, Skagit, Whatcom, Island, Thurston, Mason, Jefferson, and Kitsap.
Contact Cascade today for your real estate transaction pest and rodent control needs: 888-989-8979. Whether buyer, seller, or real estate agent, let the pest control experts ease your mind and give your property a clean bill of health.