Cascade Pest Control has over 42 years’ in experience providing the best solid mouse pest control and extermination.
Cascades’ Mouse Control Program has protected many families and their residences from mouse infestations, stoping mice and keeping them from coming back and reestablishing themselves in your home.
Cascade’s Mouse Inspection and Control Essentials
Cascade’s mouse inspection, included in our Initial Rodent Service, uncovers a range of items often including:
- Mouse nests—found in closets, under large appliances, in attics & crawlspaces, etc.
- Mouse entry points. Since mice can manipulate themselves through tiny cracks and crevices the places can be many.
- Vulnerable structural components such as damaged vent screening or improperly sealing garage doors.
- Food sources for mice.
- Items damaged from mouse infestation.
Cascade’s Mouse Extermination and Prevention Services
Steps in Mouse Protection:
1. Initial Mouse Service — Full rodent inspection along with initial trapping and/or baiting;
2. Exclude Mice from home—a very challenging prospect indeed, and
3. Establish and maintain a protective perimeter defense against mice and other rodents around the residence.
4. As Needed — replace mouse-damaged and/or contaminated attic and crawlspace insulation.
Mouse Control Takes Several Steps
Here’s why: To begin with, if you’ve noticed 1 mouse, odds are nearly 100-to-1 that you have a number of mice in/and around your home. They most often enter in numbers but even if they didn’t they multiply faster than rabbits—literally. Mice (& even larger rodents) living in attics and crawlspaces go unnoticed for long periods—sometimes years. By the time you notice mice you may have multiple generations living in the house structure.
Cascade’s Initial Mouse Control Service
Cascade’s Initial Mouse Control Service includes an inspection of the home exterior, any attached garage, the attic, and crawlspace…and also the home interior as needed. We then strategically set up traps for the mice. We also present you our findings of infestation, and damage noted, and any recommendations for mouse exclusion (sealing crevices/building them out).
All of this is to initiate a proper mouse (& rat) protection program, otherwise the mice (or perhaps later rats) will return. Rodents, such as mice are exploratory and driven by scent. Others will find their way in again if not checked.
Cascade’s Rodent Maintenance Service
Cascade’s Rodent Maintenance Service is critical in setting up and maintaining a perimeter defense system for your home against mice and other rodents. Without it mice living wild outside the home and throughout neighboring area will simply reinvest—over time they would simply climb up the siding, sneak through a gap, or gnaw through and into your home structure.
Cascade’s rodent maintenance service consists of establishing tamper-resistant bait stations on the exterior of your home on various sides, charge them with mouse (& rat) bait, and check any exterior-access crawlspace traps. We also provide an annual check of any attic traps set. Remember, mice—as well as rats—are well established throughout the area and will consistently do whatever they can to both survive and to thrive, including nest in your home if they can.
Mouse Control Exterminator.
Call Cascade Pest Control for expert mouse control and extermination services.
Mouse populations in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound region
Mice in the Greater Seattle/Puget Sound region are of three significant species:
The House Mouse — This specie of mice was brought over by European settlers and are now well established. They are found in homes and farms throughout the area.
The Deer Mouse — A native specie that can be found throughout western Washington. It is especially found in suburban to rural settling.
Both the House mouse and the Deer mouse are extremely adapted to the northeast climate and conditions. Although mice are significantly smaller than rats they make up for their small size with their quick proliferation and large populations. A dozen mice is a small number and can wreck havoc on a home or others building. Deer mice can carry Hantavirus and as a consequence, a rare human fatality is known to have occurred.
Why Mice are such a nasty problem
Humans have a naturally disgust for mice. We’ve lived with them for thousands of years and associated them with crop destruction, food contamination, filth, and destruction of property. The following are some of the specific reasons why mice are such significant pests here in the greater Seattle/Puget Sound region:
- House mice aren’t natural to the Puget Sound basin, they are an invasive species competing with other, native species.
- Mice come in numbers so they rival rats in terms of damage to homes. They cause significant damage to attic and crawlspace insulation. And the cost to repair mouse-damaged insulation in such tight spaces costs thousands of dollars to remove and replace.
- Mice damage other structural items of homes, chewing and gnawing on many items.
- Mice easily access inside homes — With tiny, extremely flexible bodies each mouse can squeeze their bodies through holes the size of a dime or through pencil-width cracks!
- Mouse infestations are commonly found within cars, stored RVs and boats. Mice gnaw on upholstery and auto wiring resulting in costly repairs.
- Deer Mice, very wide spread in the Greater Seattle-Tacoma and Puget Sound region, are known carries of Hantavirus. This disease has nearly a 50% mortality rate in humans and has caused severe illness and a rare death or two in recent decades.
- Both House and Deer mice can climb vertically up most types of house siding and other surfaces. A mouse is also capable of balancing across thin branches or wiring to find their way onto house roofs, often with easy access to attic spaces.
Mice enter attics, crawl spaces and even voids in walls and between floors. When they do they do they love the insulation they find—it’s a perfect next material. We should be thanked for providing them with such perfectly protected shelter and the warmth of ample nest material. Rodents, and mice in particular, tunnel through insulation, compress it and fully contaminate it. This leaves the insulation with highly compromised, and very low R-value—it no longer properly insulates your home. This also leaves your insulation, which is just inches from your living space, filthy and disgusting. Removing and replacing contaminated and damaged insulation in such tight spaces is a dirty job, demanding a high price.
Car, Truck, RV and Boat Damaged Caused by Mice
Mice can get though tiny openings and vehicles are safely enclosed spaces for them to nest. Mice can carry bits of grass and other material to make their nests, however, autos and RVs also have sound-proofing insulation and seat padding which are perfect for nesting. Also, some of the newer “organic plastics” used to insulate wiring are particularly attractive—even edible—to all rodents, including mice.
Traps are the quickest way to begin addressing active mouse infestations. Mouse traps are most often set in attics, crawlspaces, and inside of tamper-resistant stations placed outside along the house perimeter. While anyone can be lucky with mouse trapping it takes experience and know-how to be truly successful. Fortunately, mice are extremely curious so a few may initially get caught. Experience, skill and persistence provides good results.
NOTE – Image: is specific to rodent trapping storage facility where children, pets and non-target animals are not present
Mouse Baits and Bait Stations
Mouse control and prevention relies on the use of baits. These rodenticide baits are kept inside tamper-resistant ‘bait stations’ which are strategically placed outside a residence or other structure. The bait stations prevent access to non-target animals such as dogs and cats, yet allows access to mice and rats.
NOTE – Image: mouse bait placed inside rodent bait station. Bait is secured so that it is difficult to fall out or for pets and non-target animals to gain access.
Cascade has been combating mice in the Greater Seattle-Tacoma region since 1979.
We at Cascade have combatted mouse infestations in places like Monroe, Snoqualmie, Sammamish, Puyallup and Olympia. Cascade has the expertise to find solutions to complex infestations of Mice.
Mouse Control Exterminator.
Call Cascade Pest Control for expert mouse control & extermination services.