When you find yourself facing a pest invasion, the last thing you have is time! So, how do you find and research exterminators when you need the job done yesterday?
Here are a few tips that can be done quickly so you can eradicate pests and get back to peace of mind.
Look the exterminator company up online. You should be able to find the answers to a number of questions quickly from their website, for example:
- Do they have an updated website? This speaks to their brand reputation and responsiveness.
- How long have they been in business? This speaks to their experience, expertise and reputation.
- Are they licensed, insured, and bonded? This speaks to their experience & training. Look for their specialties.
- Do you want a company that focuses on natural or eco-friendly methods?
- Do you value highly-trained technicians?
- Do they list any industry accolades or awards?
- What pests do they provide services for pest control? This speaks to their pest control specialties.
- How many locations does the exterminator cover? This speaks to company size and knowledge of the local area’s pests.
- Do they service your immediate local area? This speaks to their knowledge of the local problems and their ability to respond quickly to your needs. Support a local company rather than a nationwide chain that might not be as nuanced.
- Do they do business with people or businesses in your neighborhood? This is a good sign that they are familiar with your area.
Check out their reviews on their website and other reputable online sources like, industry websites, Google or Yelp reviews.
- How many reviews are there?
- How many 5-star reviews?
- Does the company respond to bad reviews?
- Do they seem responsive to customer needs?
- Check with family, friends or neighbors for exterminator referrals. People who have personally used a company are always the best place to start your research!
- Do others you trust recommend them? This is a great way to gauge a company.
Once you have narrowed down your choices from your search. It is wise to give them a call and ask a few questions. They might be unable to answer these fully until they come out to assess the problem.
- Follow up on your research and call some local exterminators. Ensure they are licensed, bonded, and insured.
- Ask about treatment plans and safety for pets and children. Do they treat the problem that you are having? If you see evidence of termites, but the company you call doesn’t service them, then you need to move on.
- Do they use integrated pest management? IPM strives to use the most conservative, effective approach and minimize the use of chemicals / pesticides unless deemed necessary.
- How much do they charge for an inspection? Do they offer a written treatment plan and price?
- Do they guarantee or warranty their work or have a plan for if you aren’t happy with their work? Not all services can be guaranteed so be sure to know what they are offering to do and what the outcome will be.
Once you’ve done your research and made your calls, pick a company that you feel good about. Look for a reputable, reliable, and responsive company with a strong track record and local connections.
If you are in the Pacific Northwest, consider giving Cascade Pest Control a call. We’ve been serving the greater Seattle region for over 40 years. 888-989-8979