While rats are certainly a concern for many home and business owners in the greater Puget Sound region, they are not the only rodent that can cause damage to your space. Mice along with squirrels or even voles and moles can create structural and health issues to the interior and exterior of your space.
Especially in cases where an infestation is already confirmed, it’s helpful to understand how rodent extermination can be tailored to your situation. Cascade Pest Control’s technicians are experts at assessing the problem and keeping you in the loop about the solution. Read on to get some insight into our process and how valuable professional rodent extermination services can be.
Signs Rodent Extermination is Necessary
Extermination is necessary when you have evidence, be it damage or physical waste, from some other critter in your space. In this respect, it’s important to regularly inspect areas of your home that are vulnerable to rodent entry or nesting.
Mice and other rodents have very strong teeth that can chew through many materials your home is made of, so looking for new holes or chewing marks around baseboards, roofing tiles, and crawl spaces is helpful. Insulation in attics and crawl spaces provide ideal nesting spots, so make sure there aren’t droppings or musty smells/stains in those areas as well.
If your kitchen pantry materials show signs of chewing or rodent damage, or you hear scampering / squeaking sounds in your walls at night, these also may be signs that you may have a rodent infestation.
Rodent Extermination Techniques
Our techniques for this step of the rodent abatement process include:
- Initial Inspection–a proper understanding of the scale and type of infestation is key to properly treat it.
- Repair & Fortify–removing entry points and fixing any rodent-related damage to the interior or exterior of your space stops the infestation from getting worse.
- Trap & Eliminate–we utilize tamper-resistant bait & trap stations along with eco-friendly rodenticides to begin treating and eliminating the rodent infestation.
- Clean & Sanitize–accumulated filth related to nesting and feeding further uproots the existing rodents, and re-establishes a safe and healthy environment for you throughout the extermination process.
- Follow Through–we make sure to schedule follow-up visits to ensure the infestation is properly abated, and to maintain the rodent-proof safety of your space.
Cascade Pest Control is dedicated to a comprehensive rodent control process, so we also provide recommendations on abatement practices to better prevent future infestations. We are also committed to eco-friendly, non-toxic extermination techniques. If chemical extermination is necessary, we want you to still feel comfortable and healthy in your space, so our technicians are very transparent and upfront with what products are being used. Experiencing an infestation is traumatizing enough– our goal is to restore your sense of security as quickly and unobtrusively as possible.
Get Started with Cascade Pest Control today! Call 888-989-8979 to schedule a consultation.