CARPET BEETLE TREATMENT PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS
Initial Treatment requires special “preparations” below, and further access indoors for periodic services as determined by technician.
- Children and pets must vacate for two hours after meeting with technician and completing the paperwork for 2 hours.
- House prep. – must be done before technician arrives!
- Clean out all closets (floors, shelves and hanging items) and under beds.
- Pull out clothes drawers, emptying those with woolens, and stack the drawers facing the same direction.
- Help make baseboards accessible—move small items, toys, etc. (not required to move large furniture.)
- Kitchen—if carpet beetles are in kitchen: Empty cupboards and store items on kitchen table in boxes on the floor, leaving the counter tops clear. Check each food item removed for carpet beetle larvae as you go as the source of infestation must be found.
- Bathroom: prepare as kitchen.
- Vacuum all carpets and baseboard areas (paying particular attention to carefully cleaning any shed pet hair that may be present).
- Homeowners can help avoid re-infestation by cleaning lint from laundry areas and from inside heat ducts at registers; and by storing unused woolens in garment bags, plastic “garbage bags”, or in trunks—with moth balls.
- The more thorough the preparation, the more precise we can inspect and treat!
- Suggested: Dry cleaning and washing of clothing in closets (and stored in chests).
Questions? Call 888-989-8979 for immediate service!
© 2020 Cascade Pest Control.