Besides spreading diseases and contaminating surfaces with urine and feces, rats and mice cause considerable damage by chewing through all kinds of materials.
Rodents Can Cause Serious Damage
- Electrical fires and phone outages
- Ruined insulation: Rodents compress, shred, or move insulation for nests in attics, crawlspaces, and wall voids.
- Structural damage: Rats can tunnel through and shred wood, sheetrock (trade name for plaster board), insulation, camping supplies, boxes, plastic garbage cans, and many other structural and stored items. Rats can exert thousands of pounds of pressure at the tip of their teeth! They can gnaw access holes anywhere from ground level to the roof and squeeze through tiny holes and cracks.
- Urine, droppings & dead rodents: Smelly contamination is common when rodents urinate, defecate, or die in heating ductwork or other areas of a home. A secondary infestation of flies and other insects is common.
- Weakened foundation soils: Many rats create elaborate tunnels that can weaken soil integrity under your home.
- Grease marks: When rodents rub against siding or walls they leave unsightly rub marks or grease marks.
Note: Besides providing rodent control and rodent exclusion work, Cascade is a licensed contractor. We can often provide necessary repairs. If we can't, we'll refer you to someone who can.
Rats can start electrical fires in homes and other structures by gnawing on wires. With the insulation gone, serious electrical shorts can occur, resulting in sparks, heat, and flame
Rats damaged roof to gain access.
Rats also cause damage to landscaping when they burrow for ground nesting and undermine foundations as they tunnel to gain entry to a home.
Ruined insulation from rodents.
Damage where rats gained access near dormer on roof.
Rats gnawed through garage seals for access.
Cascade provides pest control for carpenter ants, mouse/mice problems, beetles, moths, flies, termites, wasps, yellow jackets, hornets, rodents and bed bugs. We also remediate attic and crawlspace problems such as decontamination and insulation removal & repair after rodents have soiled and damaged those areas.
Cascade pest control is present in Greater Seattle, the Eastside, King and Snohomish counties.